Thursday, September 28, 2006

Romeward bound

My tail is wagging with great vigor, my generous flock. I recently booked a trip to Rome. I will depart in about six weeks to see the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain, the relics of the Roman Forum and many other exciting sights. And, of course, I will visit my good friend Pope Pius Pug at the Vatican. There, we will finalize plans for the Dogloo compound, which will someday be mentioned alongside the previously mentioned architectural wonders. I am also considering taking some day trips to visit some other interesting places -- possibly Venice and/or Florence. Do any of the world travelers or Italians in the congregation have any advice on what to see and do in Italy?

As you may know, trans-Atlantic flights do not come cheap. Now, more than ever, the ministry needs your financial help. So I am officially launching the Send a Pug to Italy Telethon. Team Pugforce will perform at Bass Hall in Fort Worth tonight to kick off the festivities. I have also moved the Italy-centric PayPal icon from my little-visited (and little-updated) travel blog to this page. A full 100 percent of donations will go toward Mugsy's Travel Fund, a worthy cause if ever there was one. That is right -- no wasteful administrative expenses like the Red Cross.

Donations are probably not tax-deductible, but it is worth a shot. The odds of an audit are actually quite low.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Does this mean you will have unlimited access to pasta?

I love spaghetti.

Purolate me some will ya?

XXOXOXOOOXXO
Bum sniffs

Chelsea the supermodel

Tigersan said...

Me was also thinking about the pasta... you better setup another account just for the food funds ;)

Yummy ;)

T-man Angel said...

Might I suggest a pilgrimage to the city of Parma, the culinary mecca of Italy. Parma is located in the Emilia-Romagna region of Northern Italy which is renowned for its Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, balsamic vinegars and cured meats.

Anonymous said...

OR you could go to Pompei and see if they had any puggies way back than!

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

I, too, love spaghetti, Chelsea. I'll stand on my back legs for a nice strand of spaghetti.

Good thinking, Tigersan. The ministry's need for charity grows daily.

Thank you, T-Man. I will look into Parma. It sounds mouth-watering.

Pompeii puggies, Anonymous One? I don't know if I would want to see such a thing ...

Ms. Mamma said...

You may wish to pick up a copy of "Betty & Rita". It even features a photo of the she-pug, the mother of Rome.

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Thank you, Ms. Mamma, that looks like an interesting book. I see that Betty and Rita went to Paris, too. I will have to look for them the next time I go to the bookstore.