Monday, December 05, 2005

Mugsy issues fatwa

It is time to right one of the great wrongs of modern society. For the betterment of all man- and pugkind, I must issue a fatwa! I hereby declare that it is impermissible for anyone to take a baby with a propensity for crying to a theater for a grown-up movie. Last night, I went to see Pride and Prejudice, and the movie was repeatedly interrupted by a crying baby in the front. (I know what you must be thinking: Mugsy must have really liked that little beagle he met at the dog park to let her drag him to such a chick flick. But the movie was all right.) Pug Life faithful, there is no chance that a baby will enjoy such a movie. Leave the child with a babysitter, or stay home and rent a DVD. Do not subject the rest of us to the dangers of this ticking baby timebomb. A few weeks ago, I witnessed a similar transgression. While engrossed in the R-rated Marine movie Jarhead (no, I am not making this up), I was repeatedly distracted by a baby's wailing. Clearly, the parent of the year was at the AMC Stonebriar 24.

Those impudent enough to defy this fatwa shall face consequences most severe. Violators are to have their heads dunked repeatedly in a vat of the semi-viscous liquid that serves as movie-popcorn butter. The dunkings shall stop only after the offender's head has turned bloated and jaundiced. At this point, the offender shall be placed in the stocks in a public square, and I personally shall lick all of the movie-popcorn butter from his or her pores. And make no mistake; this will be a harsh licking. God willing, I will see my next movie in peace.

5 comments:

TransplantedOkie said...

I do not even HAVE a baby to take to the movie, and, yet, this fatwa has stricken terror into my heart for those foolish enough to ignore the warming.

Leslee said...

I'm safe because I neither have the money to go to the movies nor a crying baby.... but if I did I would follow the fatwa set forth!

JMG said...

Can you extend this fatwa to those who do not take their cranky babies out of restaurants?

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Yes, the fatwa is now amended to include restaurants. I am OK with the babies being taken to the restaurant -- because I am a compassionate ayatollah and a baby has to eat -- but the parents should have some duct tape handy in case the child needs to be silenced.

TransplantedOkie said...

or at least to hold the pacifer in.