Monday, June 18, 2007

Productive weekend

Progress. It is a beautiful word, and one that I believe applies to my weekend with Rabbi Jake. As you know, we have a long-term, mutual interest in bringing peace to the Middle East. It is one of my top personal goals as head of Pug Life Ministries -- perhaps not as high on the list as universal access to rawhide or canine suffrage, but important nonetheless. And this weekend, we put our snouts to the grindstone to try to make it happen. The situation looked bleak. Factional fighting had shattered any semblance of Palestinian unity, and the peace process had long been dormant. But lo and behold, what do we see after an exhausting weekend of talks?

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has told President Bush that now is the time to resume Mideast peace talks. Not only that, but Abbas said this with great urgency. A sense of urgency that comes only from being leaned on by a strong-arm pug backed by the world's greatest canine military machine, the Armed Revolutionary Forces (ARF). Allahu Akbar! God willing, a humble pug and a curmudgeonly schnauzer will change the world.

7 comments:

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Ayatollah Mugsy,
It is with great respect that we stop by to introduce ours. We bow in front as you are a pug of great wisdom, strength and peace. The peasant from Indiana, Pugsley, Buster and Cricket

Anonymous said...

"curmudgeonly schnauzer "

My darling husband. Mummy says you took the words right out of her mouth!

As you know (btw be forwarned - there are a lot of "late's" in this message!)- my late step-father had "curmudgeonly schnauzer's" his whole life until he had my late stepbrother Buddy(a mutt). My stepfather affectionally called his curmudgeon schnauzer' - "foo man choo's" because of their facial whiskers. To be honest. The last one in the line of many curmudgeonly schnauzer's - Tinker - was a very good doggy indeed. My stepfather had his dog tag on his key chain after Tinker passed. *weep*

However. Mummy still hates the breed. I think that and her former BFF's ownership of one has stuck a cord of angst in my otherwise peaceful and non-crudge holding mummy.

Anyways - I am so glad peace talks are going well. What will you do when you have resolved the conflict in the middle east?

xoxo Aine

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Welcome to the congregation, Pugsley, Buster and Cricket.

I will go to Disney World, Aine. And schnauzers are good dogs. There is one who guards my neighborhood against all pedestrian intruders.

Anonymous said...

As always, Ranger and I stand ready to lend our aquatic skills to the navy branch of ARF. As you know, we are always honing our seal-like skills so we're prepared for the day you'll call upon us. Ranger is especially talented in the area of semaphore. I, on the other hand, have been practicing swimming out and boarding unauthorized vessels that dare to invade my family's coastline on Eagle Mountain Lake.

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

And an aptly named lake it is, Eagle.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Mugsy - I will have a talk with my Mummy on the delicate subject of schnauzers. No worries! Mummy will come round and admire shnauzers - I just have to go overtime on the kisses.

Any further advise on "how to sway the mummy" would be greatly appreciated.

Also, may I go with you to Disney? Maybe we can ride the teacup ride together?!

Hugs! Aine.

TransplantedOkie said...

Again, Bb and I stand ready to do our part for Pug Nation