Monday, April 03, 2006

Successful surgery

I had surgery today at the prestigious Pepper Square Pet Clinic to remove the red spot below my lip. The veterinarian said the procedure went well, and -- thank Allah -- I do not have to wear a cone around my neck. I am going to have to give my parents a stern talking-to for scheduling this operation on my fifth birthday. Some present that was ... to be knocked unconscious and carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey. But I digress. My parents tell me I now appear to be drunk. Obviously, with me being a good Muslim pug, this is not the case. I am simply groggy from the anesthesia. So I think I will go take another nap now. But, dear parents, don't think I've forgotten about my birthday. I will expect presents first thing tomorrow.

9 comments:

JMG said...

Happy Birthday, Mugsy!! I hope you get plenty of rawhides to chew on.

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Thanks, JMG! I am chewing a nice stick of rawhide at this very instant.

Leslee said...

Oh... I was going to say what jmg said.

Happy Birthday!

Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Happy birthday brother Mugsy!!! May you be blessed with many bones and panties on your birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Honored Sir! And congratulations on your successful surgery and non-cone wearing. A true double blessing. I hope that your birthday brought you much rawhide, and that your lip heals quickly for full enjoyment!

Anonymous said...

Did you really have veterinary surgery or are you just saying that so everyone won't wonder if you had plastic surgery? Mama knows a real ding-dong (if you know what I mean) who told everyone she had a stroke...that somehow she thought left her younger and more beautiful-looking.

This woman had "everything" lifted from her forehead to her belly button. She told Mama a freckle that used to be just about her belly button was now between her boobs.

I hope you heal quickly, Bro. Mugsy, and whatever this was won't cause anymore trouble or any further complications.

James Beauregard daPug

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. It was definitely not plastic surgery, James Beauregard. I learned my lesson several months back with the botox.

Dr. Mike Kear said...

Happy Birthday and happy recovery, Mugsy!

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Thanks, Mike!