Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Vet visit

I visited the prestigious Pepper Square Pet Clinic on Monday, where the veterinarian gave me a thorough looking-over. At issue was a reddish spot that has popped up at the side of my face, below my lower lip. The vet suspects that it is a certain type of benign tumor that is common in canines like me who like to go rooting around in the grass. Experts aren't sure what causes it, but they think it might be the result of a bug bite. I was told that it may go away after a few weeks, or it may need to be surgically removed. Naturally, I am hoping for the former. But the important thing for you to remember is that this in no way diminishes my ability to lead this congregation. I am still the same brilliant, energetic pug I have always been. In fact, we must look on the bright side. I am now taking steroids as part of my treatment, and I'm preparing an assault on the baseball record books. Look out, Barry Bonds. I might even make a cameo appearance with Team Pugforce.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Ayatollah:

I'm sorry to hear about your adventure at the vet. It's terrible when these kind of things happen. I had an adventure at the vet yesterday.

As one of your pug followers, I have found it important to learn more about various teaching. This is what makes me the wise pug I am.

Yesterday my mom and dad took me out for some lessons at the vet. I was thinking that I tutored in medical practices. I made the assumption that it had something to do with medical practices. Mom and dad were taking me to the vet and I was going to be tutored. The main thing I learned is that you should never fall asleep in class. Boy does my scrotum hurt.

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

I, too, have fallen victim to that ruse. 'Twas truly the unkindest cut of all.