Thursday, January 18, 2007

On edge

I was relaxing in the living room after a vigorous receipt-chewing session. (My parents do not seem to understand, but it is a prudent step to combat identity theft.) Running in circles to evade my father had worn me out, so I laid my head on my paw and began to nap. Visions of chew sticks and harem beauties danced through my contented head. But then I was rudely plucked from my dream state by a loud rumbling noise. My hackles immediately stood on end. Was it merely a garbage truck, or had the chew-toy militants procured armored tanks? Possibly a Soviet-era T-72? I could not take any chances. I immediately rushed to the door. My father, sensing my urgency, quickly let me outside, where I unleashed a gruff and prolonged warning to any who would dare challenge my authority. By this point, the source of the rumbling had moved to the next street over. The noise was fading in the distance. On this day, it seemed, there would be no battle royale with Blue Bull. To be safe, I then re-asserted my territorial claim along my fence line.

10 comments:

Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Clearly we are living in the end times - Armageddon is near and I will be on the side of the just and righteous, I will fight for you Mugsy and you will prevail!

Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Anonymous said...

You show 'em who is PUG MUGSY! Aine

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, where my mother is from, the Blue Bulls are one lekker rugby team!

Rupert the One-eyed Black Pug

Zeus said...

I think Blue Bull is simply toying with you. This drive-by is merely proof. I would double the fortifications along the fence line if I were you.

Puggyspice said...

Yes, please do tell us if Mallard is okay? At our humble requests, of course.

Sarah said...

Mugsy, you crack me up!

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

One never knows if the end is near, Boomer. Thus, we must live a pious, tithe-filled life so that we are ready when the day comes.

I intend to, Aine. I intend to.

Good to know, Rupert. Hopefully the two are not related. Welcome to the ministry.

That would require me to drink A LOT of fluids, Zeus.

Unfortunately, Jake and Puggyspice, Mallard is still unaccounted for. But we are searching furiously between naps.

I suppose that is OK, Sarah O. As long as you take a spiritual message away from my teachings.

Anonymous said...

It's good your dad let you outside to defend your property against the garbage people, Bro. Mugsy. Old Rosebud went racing down the hall one day on a similar mission, hit a floor-to-ceiling window like a locomotive and broke a window pane.

Really and truly, I don't understand why those people feel the need to come around so often. Do we REALLY need them? Huh? Huh?

J. B.

Leslee said...

Mugsy, did you survive the winter blast Mother Nature sent your way last week?

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

I sometimes catch some interesting scents from the trash can, J.B., and I have to stand on my back legs to enjoy them. It seems a shame to give such fragrant trash away.

It wasn't too bad here, Leslee. Just a couple mornings of slick streets. But I hear Oklahoma got hit pretty hard.