Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Casualties of war

With the ministry engaged in a war for its very survival, I have been forced to make some difficult decisions. It is my duty as your leader to do what I feel is best for the future of Pug Life, regardless of how difficult it may be for me personally. Call it the burden of being the decider. After much prayer and meditation, I have made perhaps my most difficult decision yet. Waging war against chew toys on three continents is an expensive endeavour, and the offering plate of late has not exactly been flush with rawhide. So I had no choice but to enact painful cost-cutting measures. On Tuesday, I laid off the ministry's Information Technology Department. I believe that this reduction in force was necessary to fund the war effort and position Pug Life Ministries for a brighter tomorrow. To replace the IT workers, I have created a recording urging ministry employees with problems to restart their computers. I do not expect the change to be noticeable.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

As someone who works in IT, my mom says that is so true! No noticable difference!

Zeus said...

I don't know that I could handle all of the important decisions you must make, Mugsy. You are incredibly wise.

Boomer and his mom Carol said...

I trust this was not an easy decision. Paradise will reward you Mugsy.

Anonymous said...

So does this mean we will not have any further updates or pictures of your grander? Aine

Sandy said...

Always restart the computer after you have been countless minutes or hours trying to figure out why it is frozen or not working right. It's a miracle.

Anonymous said...

Yet another brilliant decision from our fearless leader. Your wisdom never ceases to astound me, Great Ayatollah!