Saturday, April 05, 2008

A real hoot

This evening, I ventured to a local sports bar to dine and watch a little Final Four action. Around halftime, the waitstaff began linking together several tables for a large party. Finally, a dozen or so rowdy girls took their seats. They each appeared to be roughly 10 or 11 years old, and all wore orange and white tank-tops with "Hooters" emblazoned on the chest. My mother found this apparel to be somewhat disturbing on lasses so young. I, on the other paw, have nothing against owls. But it did pique my curiosity. Were they members of a sporting team called the Hooters? Or perhaps involved in some sort of mentorship program with the restaurant chain of the same name? I know this blog, representing the world's largest interfaith, interspecies ministry, has a fairly wide reach. So if anyone out there has an explanation, mother and I would love to hear it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of young girls....in purusing the morning paper, I read a disturbing story. "Leaders at a polygamist compound in Texas refused to let authorities search a temple for a teenage girl, and authorities said they were preparing "for the worst"." This retreat is SUPPOSEDLY run by Jesus Christ of the Latter Days Saints. They are looking for evidence of a marriage between a teenage girl and a 50-year-old man. The similarities are frightening...a Texas compound, polygamy, you just turned 49. Ayatollah, please, please assuage my fears!

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

I have followed this story as well, Sarah S., and I assure you, you have nothing to worry about. Remember, even though I support polygamy in theory, I am still a bachelor pug. I am not ready to be tied down to just four women. But thank you for sharing your concerns -- I rather enjoyed hearing your theory.

Oh, and so as not to offend any readers who identify with the Mormon wing of Pug Life Ministries under the guidance of the esteemed Pugham Young, it should be noted that the Texas sect being investigated broke away from the Mormon church decades ago.

Lucy said...

Hopefully the girls were being ironic? I went to hooters for a wings contest between two coworkers a few weeks back and can honestly say I don't need to go back for a while.

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

I am still a bachelor pug. I am not ready to be tied down to just four women.

YEs we know your bachlor ways my husband.

That is why we like Wendell so much. Oh btw - we made him a member of the Owl team. heee

Anonymous said...

Whew! Guess I let my imagination run wild.
Okay, I feel better now.

Nevis said...

What sort of parents would allow their 10-11 year old child to wear a "Hooters" t-shirt?

Probally the same parents that had their 4th-grade daughter's tongue pierced as her christmas gift.

And no, i'm not making this up. My fiance is a 4th grade teacher and one of his students came to school with a tongue ring that her and her mother got together as a "Mother-Daughter" bonding experience and as a Christmas gift.

Wow. Scary, huh?