Monday, June 09, 2008

Whirlwind day

This has been a wild season for tornadoes, my flock. Just a few weeks ago, I was in Oklahoma watching a wall cloud on TV spawn tornado after tornado, eight to 10 in all. Some fizzled out quickly, while others grew to enormous size and ravaged the countryside. The video, shot from a helicopter alongside the wall cloud and by storm-chasers on the ground, was both impressive and humbling. It was a reminder of Allah's power. And no canine knows that power better than Chase the Rottweiler. You see, the dog in suburban Chicago was picked up by a twister over the weekend. One of his human relatives, a 10-year-old, looked out the window and saw a gust of wind carry Chase four feet off the ground. Others saw the dog take flight as well. The tornado damaged buildings and shattered car windows, sending debris flying. Miraculously, Chase survived this swirling terror. After the storm, the 130-pound dog was found shaken but unharmed about a block away. Allahu akbar!

6 comments:

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

I find it interesting that you urge me to practice religious tolerance, yet you seem wholly intolerant of my canine Muslim faith.

And for the record, I have never attacked Islam. We at Pug Life Ministries are respectful of all believers, as well as nonbelievers.

JMG said...

Isn't it ironic that those who go on the attack always seem to want to do so anonymously?

JMG said...

And they never use proper English.

Nevis said...

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.

However I fail to see what I just learned from "anonymous".

Anonymous said...

"I never go attacking without knowing much"

Uh....I'm pretty sure that's what you just did.

"u wanna place such blogs go ahead wat u do is ur freaking problem but when u use islam i cannot take it"

So this blog is supposed to stop just because you say so?

Are you completely humorless or did you just forget to take your meds today?

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Thank you for your support of the ministry. Your loyalty will surely be rewarded.