Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mugsy condemns commercial

As longtime readers of my teachings well know, I am a distinguished afficionado of undergarments. But I can no longer condone a certain television advertisement for Hanes. Why, oh mighty Allah, would Michael Jordan give Cuba Gooding Jr. underwear? And why would the actor then scream across the room, "I'm wearing your underwear!"? This is the greatest basketball player of his generation, an athlete whom my father once drove 12 hours one-way to watch in a playoff game. Are we expected to believe that he doles out undergarments to B-list actors? No! No, I say! The absurdity of it boggles the mind. So I am left with no choice. I hereby issue a fatwa! This ridiculous commercial must never be allowed to air again.

Anyone violating this binding religious decree will suffer loss of undergarments, among other harsh penalties.

5 comments:

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

but Mugsy Cuba has won an oscar. MJ has not.

Anonymous said...

Bring on the fatwa! I have never "gotten" that commercial, either.

Anonymous said...

Show me the money, Mugsy.

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Everyone knows that he was robbed for his Space Jam performance.

Amen, Sarah S.

That is what I say to my followers, Flyer. With limited success.

Sarah said...

Even Ria wonders why MJ agreed to appear on that lame-o ad.

Also, check my blog - I left you a small treat on it!