Friday, November 23, 2007

Winter: Not just a myth

A chill is in the air, my flock. Allah's cold winter wind has finally arrived in Texas. An overzealous reporter at the local newspaper even had the audacity to call it a "white Thanksgiving" after a tiny sprinkling of snow fell yesterday. For the first time in months, I have pulled my thermal winter turban from storage. God willing, it will keep me warm and toasty on the rare occasion when I am not snuggled up with Wendell or one of the humans. "But what of young Wendell?" you ask. "How will the skinny, turbanless pup cope with this arctic blast?" Fear not, my flock. Wendell is well prepared.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when does Wendell get a turban? Please excuse my ignorance in this matter. I am still learning the ways of canine Islam.

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

The lad looks very cute in his sweater. To bad he's not a little older!

xoxoCricket

TransplantedOkie said...

Wendell looks less than thrilled with his sweater....

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Wendell has much to learn before he is ready to become an ayatollah, Sarah. Plus, he has not even decided whether to enter the ministry yet. I believe he harbors ambitions of being a rock star.

Cricket: Wendell says, and I quote, "Age ain't nuthin' but a number."

Must be some kind of optical illusion, TransplantedOkie.

Anonymous said...

my husband! Happy belated Turkey day to you as well! I am so sorry I have been away from the harem- family members neeed to feel loved by moi.

Wendall looks most fetching in his new sweater- and I know the Harem cant wait to see you in your turban again. Meowwww.

Aine

Anonymous said...

Did you knit that for him yourself, Mugsy?

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

No, Flyer, the ladies of my harem knitted it. Those who were not absent, anyway.

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

Those who were not absent, anyway.

I just want to go on record for the harem, it takes us quite a long time to do any crafting for our darling hubby and future hubby Wendell. Our little pug arms get quite tired - afterall - we have no apossiable thumbs! Hence - we have been working on this since the robin costume - that is about one whole month my husband!!! Many naps and blisters later... our beautiful sweater resulted! So we do take care of our boys -even though we must also fall slave to the fashion sales last Friday! xoxoxo Aine

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Ixnay on the Obinray ostumecay, Aine. State secrets ...