- I am thankful for my rugged good looks and chiseled physique, which allow me to be undeniably masculine even in a duck suit.
- I am thankful for the ever-growing congregation of Pug Life Ministries. You, my dear readers, are the wind beneath my duckling wings.
- I am thankful for Pug Life's research into enriched rawhide, which promises a brighter tomorrow for canines everywhere.
- I am thankful that the ministry's IRS troubles have, for the time being, been put behind us.
- I am thankful for my wily accountant, formerly of Arthur Andersen.
- I am thankful that my mother cleans the sludge from my eyes. Without her, I would never know its exquisite taste.
- I am thankful for Borat, for inspiring me on my recent vacation to proclaim, "I will not move to a smaller room!" every time I entered the hotel elevator.
- I am thankful for Bob Stoops.
- I am thankful for my online gift shop, whose high-quality, sweat-shop-produced merchandise is set to become the must-have stocking-stuffer item of this holiday season.
- I am thankful for my boundless albeit irrational optimism.
Thursday, November 23, 2006
On this Thanksgiving Day, it is time to reflect on some of the blessings of the last year. Though there have been trying times, I am still one fortunate pug.