Monday, July 24, 2006

My kind of politician

Although Pug Life Ministries is primarily a religious movement, we also have political aims. The quest for universal canine suffrage is a key goal of Pug Life, as is the establishment of an autonomous pug homeland in the American Southwest (Pugistan). So I am always on the lookout for political candidates worthy of the Pug Life seal of approval. Until recently, I have not found any. But I am now pleased to endorse Thomas Peterson for mayor of Anoka, Minn. Although I have not had the chance to ask him about his thoughts on enforcing canine Sharia law in Anoka, it is clear that his common-sense leadership style is just what the town needs. To quote his campaign Web site, "As a French Bulldog, I feel I am suitably qualified. I know how to sit, shake hands, and, in an emergency, play dead. Additionally, I promise that I won't roll over on any issue." Good luck, Mr. Peterson. May Allah smile upon your campaign.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom seems to have all that you could want in a political figure....especially the play dead part. Rabbi Jake

Thomas Peterson said...

I'm honored that you would offer your endorsement, Mugsy, and graciously accept. If elected, I will do everything I can to contribute to your quest for a sovereign Pugistan state.

Puggyspice said...

And you didn't even mention how cute Mr. Peterson is!!!!

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Hi, Rabbi Jake. I hope you enjoyed your time at the dog ranch.

Anoka, Minn., is vital to the quest for Pugistan, Thomas. We will savor your support as if it were a gravy bone (although for a much longer duration).

I thought it best to leave that observation to you, Puggyspice.