Thursday, November 24, 2005

What I am thankful for

On this Thanksgiving Day, I would like to share with you some of the blessings for which I am most thankful:


  • I am thankful for the 60 seconds a day -- 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening -- when I can savor my daily meals. I enjoy the texture of each individual piece of Eukanuba, the sublime sensations of flavor escaping every last morsel.
  • I am thankful for the readers of this blog who take the time to share their comments. And I am also thankful for those who stop by to soak up the pug knowledge but never let their presence be known. Perhaps at some point, Allah will move them to join in the discussion.
  • I am thankful that Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson have split up, opening the doggy door for the first human female to join my harem. Resistance is futile, Jessie.
  • I am thankful for those delectable yet dangerous turkeys. Americans are expected to eat 525 million pounds of turkey on this holiday. And yet I worry about the threat of avian flu. By eating all this turkey, are the humans exposing themselves to the virus? My offer still stands: You may send me your poultry. God willing, I will single-pawedly eliminate this menace.
  • And finally, I am thankful that the enemies of Pug Life Ministries are being systematically vanquished. These threats to the pug way of life must fall in line or face the consequences, like Blue Bull. Remember: If you're not with us, you're against us. Take that to heart, Mohamed ElBaradei. I would hate to have to leave you hanging from a banana hook.

May you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Leslee said...

We are blessed to know you too! Happy Thanksgiving. Just so you don't worry about me, we did not have turkey this year. We had a wonderful ham.

JMG said...

No ham at my house! We had turkey, but I am more worried about weight gain than flu.

Mugsy, my JRT's enjoy their meals in the same leisurely way that you do!

Happy Thanksgiving a day late!

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Connie, perhaps your cocker spaniels need the kind of structured environment that only the Pug Life Military Academy could provide.

Swine flu should also be a concern, Leslee. Perhaps it would give you peace of mind to send your leftovers to me so that I can safely dispose of them. I will gladly take your leftovers as well, JMG.

Anonymous said...

Try to avoid the turkey bones if you do get any donations. And, for goodness sake, cook the turkey first.
Love,
Mom

the many Bs said...

You are indeed a wise and CUTE pugsy! Even poodles and schnoodles like pugs. We even liked the little taste of tofurkey that our mom gave us. We're grateful for lots of doggy internet friends! Woof

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Welcome to the fold, Chackler and Schnoodlepooh. Stop by any time you are in need of spiritual guidance.