Thursday, May 07, 2009

Greetings from Asheville

Greetings, my flock. I am writing to you from my mountaintop chateau in Asheville, N.C., where I have focused the efforts of the ministry's Traveling Islamic Revival Roadshow and Circus in recent days. The area was chosen for its natural beauty, vibrant downtown and high density of mountain folk. Watching television recently, I learned that hillbillies may have a great deal of money to contribute to the ministry, as well as something called "Texas tea." I am never one to turn down money in my offering plate or liquid in my water bowl, so this intrigued me.

Today, the ministry's caravan will move north along the Blue Ridge Parkway. God willing, we will find many converts and Jed Clampett-like benefactors.

3 comments:

Hank said...

Ah, the Blue Ridge Parkway. That's a beautiful drive, I tell ya what.

Uh, Mr. Ayatollah, sir.....I know yer a very busy and important man, but when you have a chance could you mosy on over to my blog and read my latest post? I really need your opinion on this one. Much obliged.

Zeus said...

Be safe while you travel, Mugsy. I hope you have lots of guard dogs aiding you as you make your way thru the mountains. I'll be praying for you...

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

It is indeed a beautiful drive, Hank. We enjoyed hiking the many trails along the parkway. I will head over to your blog at once.

Thank you, Zeus. Safety is always paramount, and I have positioned several decoy pugs throughout the mountains to throw off any would-be attackers.