Thursday, April 16, 2009

A movement is born


The tea party movement has inspired me, my flock. We canines need our own social gatherings where we can carry signs, vent over problems real and imagined, and perhaps howl along with some country music. But tea has never been my beverage of choice, so I am launching a grassroots series of Water-Bowl Parties. All across the United States, canines will gather to protest. What will we protest, you ask? Whatever we feel like; that's what. Perhaps we will protest the taxation without representation that dogs must endure in this country -- cities require us to pay registration fees and wear demeaning tags, yet we are deprived of voting rights. Perhaps we will badmouth the U.S. government and make plans to secede from the union in favor of glorious Pugistan. And perhaps -- moments later, in a fit of schizophrenia -- we will change our minds and chant "USA, USA!"
It would not be without precedent.

Yes, my flock, these Water-Bowl Parties will provide a chance for canines of all breeds and shapes and sizes to come together. They will be magical events, even if the mainstream media choose not to cover them. If you are interested in organizing a Water-Bowl Party in your city, please let me know as soon as possible. And also let me know if you are willing to provide a corporate sponsorship for this grassroots movement. 

Further details to come ...

6 comments:

Zeus said...

I'm looking forward to witnessing a Water-Bowl party. I am curious, though, if this is only for canines, or could felines possibly attend as well.

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

In keeping with the spirit of our interfaith, interspecies ministry, I would welcome felines and any other interested animals. This should prove helpful if any CNN reporter wants to roam the grounds asking where all the cats are.

But I was thinking of holding the Dallas-area event at a local dog park. And while you'd be safe in my presence, I cannot vouch for some of the big dogs.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Bo can hold a Million Dog gathering at the reflecting pool on the Mall.

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Excellent, Anonymous One. I will put you and Bo on the list as the official sponsors of the D.C. Water-Bowl Party.

Anonymous said...

Ayatollah, you are as usual very inspiring ... Z

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Thank you, Z. I hope you will attend your local Water-Bowl Party for further inspiration.