Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mugsy denied Nobel Peace Prize

Well, my flock, it happened again: I didn't win the Nobel Peace Prize. The all-too-familiar refrain echoes through my silky-furred head in my waking hours and haunts me in my leg-twitching dreams. My efforts to secure Mideast peace and suffrage for canines have once again fallen upon deaf ears in Oslo. This time, I was denied by U.S. President Barack Obama, who won the prize despite lacking any significant accomplishments in the realm of world peace.

As the Nobel committee members essentially said, Obama was awarded because they expect good things out of him. Under such faulty logic, would not the Best Picture Oscar have gone to "The Godfather: Part III"?

But I am not here to tear down Obama. I congratulate him on his victory, and I wish him well in trying to prove the honor justified through his future actions. Still, it seems clear to me that at some point, we must raise the bar from, "At least he's not President Bush."

And to the Nobel committee in Oslo, I leave you with these parting words: Give me the prize in 2010, or I will instruct the Armed Revolutionary Forces (ARF) to invade Norway, plant a Pugistani flag on your fjords and forcibly seize a peace medal from your headquarters.

7 comments:

Hank said...

Ayatollah, sir.....now that just tears it! Whut the heck was that committee thinkin' by turnin' YOU down???

Salinger The Pug said...

Sir, we are just as shocked and upset as you are, BUT we may have found a consolation prize for you....

We discovered that you can WRITE IN your candidate for the Heisman Trophy. We nominate YOU, sir, and believe that you have a great shot at winning this great prize.

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/theheismanvote/2009/

Best of luck, Sir.

Respectfully,
Salinger T. Pug

Salinger The Pug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Salinger The Pug said...

The infidels here at Blogger seem to have taken issue with my cutting and pasting skills. Here is another attempt...


http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/
contests/theheismanvote/2009/.

Good luck!

Teddy said...

Ayatollah,
My condolences to you on the loss of an award that was rightfully yours. I've always thought our Ayatollah epitomized peace like none other.

I hope the committee will think more clearly next time.

Teddy

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Thank you, my flock. In this time of tragedy, I am buoyed by your support.

And, Salinger, I must confess that the Heisman would be a worthy consolation prize. I instructed the humans to clear a spot on our mantel.

prashant said...

we may have found a consolation prize for you..
post free classifieds